<  Projects  ~  CLOUD ATLAS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 am
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:31 pmPosts: 2709Location: Los Angeles
SinD wrote:
Wing-027?
That's a good guess Sin. :) Everything about this production seems so secretive and it would be nice if the roles would be announced along with casting news. :?

What I find most surprising about the casting of Tom Cruise, is that there's been no official announcement (in the trades). What I love, is that this production just seems to be getting more and more attention because of the A-List actors involved, which of course, is GREAT for Jim's career! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:55 am
Hi Momoko :) thank you very much for your nice words! :) :)

Only a small news:

According to the BILD-Zeitung Halle Berry has landed in Berlin last saturday (10/8).

I´ve not posted the whole article, because there´s nothing else new...

And Tom Cruise joins? I can only say: WHAT?? :lol:
Prominent cast grows (remembers me on Robert Altman? :) )...Um, I´m waiting on Keanu Reeves, Robert Redford, Brad Pitt... :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am
Quote:
According to the BILD-Zeitung Halle Berry has landed in Berlin last saturday (10/8).

Thanks for the Halle Berry news,Sue! Nice to know it seems like Halle has recovered from her injury :) I'm sure CA shooting will get back on the track soon.

As for the Tom Cruise...I'm just surprised by HP news.It's so unexpected :lol: Other than HP,there is no site which reports T・Cruise casting.Maybe it must be secret actually?

Quote:
What I love, is that this production just seems to be getting more and more attention because of the A-List actors involved, which of course, is GREAT for Jim's career!

I agreed,Liz! The buzz of CA will certaily be good thing for Jim career :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 am
Some news about our top-secret-project (TSP) from sz-online... :)

Som shoots in Saxon Switzerland (this has nothing to do with "Switzerland", Sächsische Schweiz is an area in East Germany, near Dresden...)

google translator:

Quote:
SZ-ONLINE, Monday 10 October 2011

"Cloud Atlas" turning in Saxon Sitzerland

Pirna / Munich. The Saxon Switzerland near Dresden, is currently playing backdrop to a major international production. Will continue until the end of the week where scenes for the film "Cloud Atlas" by the bestselling novel "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell filmed, a spokeswoman for the production said the news agency dpa on Monday in Dresden.

Information about the shot exactly where and who is there for the directors Andy and Larry Wachowski ("The Matrix") and Tom Tykwer ("Perfume") stands in front of the camera, "are not handed over." According to a report of "Bild"-Zeitung, however, belongs to Hollywood star Tom Hanks. Among other things, a quarry near Bad Schandau had been cordoned off.

"Cloud Atlas" is an epic story spanning 500 years. In the center stands a chain reaction of a human in the decision 19 Century to the Pacific Ocean is triggered - with unforeseen consequences. The production is supported by the German Film Fund and the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg. Besides Hanks since mid-September is also Halle Berry at various locations for the film before the camera.

Been in the Elbe Sandstone Mountains were already part of the film "Inglourious Basterds" (Quentin Tarantino) and "The Reader" (Stephen Daldry) rotated. (Dpa)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Very cool info Sue! Thanks again for being our eyes and ears in that part of the world. :D

I found this video of Bad Schandau on YouTube. http://youtu.be/CBuwU9sGIZM Narrated by a German child, and obviously a tourist video, it was the best depiction I could find of the town and its surroundings. I personally believe that it could possibly be the location of Chateau Zedelghem in 'Letters from Zedelghem' OR perhaps the rock formations are the "quarry" mentioned in the German news report, and are representative of New Zealand in 'The Pacific Journal of Adam Ewing' (Jim's character) where the Maori people live. :) But of course, this is simply speculation... :? Time will tell I guess. :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 am
New Zealand or/and Zedelghem, that can be possible, Dizzy Lizzy :) :)

Btw, in Zedelghem near Brugge in Belgium are several castles (sorry, can only post the link),

this is called Kasteel Baesveld:

http://www.imax.be/baesveld/homenl.html

and this small one Fleur de Lys (a Hotel)

http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/fleur-de-lys.de.html?label=gog235jc;sid=36ed76897989b76c745d73462b6002c0

and this Kasteel van Loppem

http://www.kasteelvanloppem.be/

If the speculation ist right, I think they don´t shoot in Zedelghem, because Saxon Switzerland is not so far away from Berlin as Belgium and perhaps they can shoot New Zealand scenes, too...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:41 am
Report from the BILDzeitung: Tom Hanks visits a Museum in Radebeul near Dresden

google translator

Quote:

Hollywood cinema in Saxony
Tom Hanks visited GDR Museum in Radebeul

By Torsten Pauly

Radebeul / Dresden - Hollywood meets DDR! That was absolutely ready for film: U.S. actor Tom Hanks (55, "Forrest Gump") took a break during the filming of "Cloud Atlas" on Tuesday and visited the GDR Museum in spontaneously Radebeul.

The superstar was all calm and relaxed in a journey through the past.

He enthusiastically took over the museum pieces under the microscope, was done from the original racing the GDR sports legend Täve Schur, the legendary Trabant, a typical East German cabinet wall and the famous single-lens reflex camera from Dresden Pentacon factory.

His interest in the history of the GDR is not new. He was a friend of Dean Reed, U.S. musician († 48), who lived many years in the communist state. Hanks secured the rights for the 2004 film version of Reed's biography.

After about 90 minutes of the museum tour was over.

Hanks bought Saxon, according to newspaper nor a baseball cap with the green traffic light man, with a cup of GDR flag and two bottles of Vita Cola, paid good € 36 and disappeared - unnoticed by most visitors - back to the set to Bad Schandau.

There he stands for the most expensive movie ever to be filmed in Germany, in front of the camera - "Cloud Atlas" (originally "Cloud Atlas").

Location for the novel adaptation, which costs around 70 million euros, including the scenic backdrop for Bad Schandau.

Hanks plays in the film, which is also still shot in Babelsberg, the role of a London physician, Dr. Henry Goose. Hollywood beauty Halle Berry (45) is also one of the party.

Whether YOU are also the times shown in the Saxon public?

Heres the link with a photo from Tom Hanks in the museum
http://www.bild.de/regional/dresden/tom-hanks/tom-hanks-besucht-das-ddr-museum-20421522.bild.html

and another short one

Quote:
Hollywood star Tom Hanks turns in Saxony

Bad Schandau / Dresden - Saxon Switzerland in Hollywood! After PAGE Information superstar Tom Hanks is (55, "Forrest Gump") came in the Free State.

He stands for the most expensive movie ever to be filmed in Germany, in front of the camera - "Cloud Atlas" (originally "Cloud Atlas"). The German film producer Tom Tykwer directs.

Location for the novel adaptation, which costs around 70 million euros, including The picturesque scenery in Bad Schandau. There was also a quarry shut ...

The mega-star plays the role of a London physician, Dr. Henry Goose and Hollywood beauty Halle Berry (45) is also one of the party.

It will be interesting to see whether they show up even once the public!

a link with a foto from the quarry

http://www.bild.de/regional/dresden/tom-hanks/hollywood-superstar-tom-hanks-in-sachsen-20385498.bild.html

and sz-online again

Quote:
Tom Hanks turns in Wehlen and Pirna-Copitz

Tom Hanks visited Radebeuler DDR Museum
Pirna. The most expensive work of German film of all time is currently being built in the Saxon Switzerland. For the film adaptation of novel "Cloud Atlas" (Cloud Atlas) are among other things, Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugo Weaving, Hugh Grant and Susan Sarandon in front of the camera. Scenes in a quarry near the village Wehlen should already be in the box, yesterday, the team apparently turned into a factory in Pirna-Copitz.

Officially there is no confirmation for the film shoot, nor for the stay of the stars in the bathroom Schandauer Elbresidenz hotel. Probably remain the actor until the weekend in Saxon Switzerland, before the shooting in the Babelsberg film studios will continue. Release date is supposed to have 2012th (SZ / lk)

a fotogallery with Tom in the museum

http://www.sz-online.de/_tools/galerie/fotos.asp?artikel=2885211&bild=7

According to this report it´s possible, that they only filmed scenes with Tom Hanks in Bad Schandau and the others are in Babelsberg...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:13 am
How cool Sue! We really appreciate any news on this incredibly secretive project and thank you for finding it. :D Obviously due to their fame, Tom Hanks and Halle Berry are getting the most attention surrounding this project. I'm almost glad that Jim is still somewhat anonymous and flying under the radar with the press and paparazzi in Europe (more privacy for him). And as has been mentioned here previously, for those who don't know, Dr. Henry Goose is from the segment in which we know Jim has the lead (The Pacific Journal of Adam Ewing), so he must be around there someplace too. 8-)

Thanks again for all your help Sue. Hopefully there's a Jim spotting soon! After such a huge PR run for One Day, we're spoiled and truly miss seeing him on a daily basis! :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Thanks so much for all the info of Cloud Atlas,Sue! As Liz saying,CA project is very secretive :? (It's understandable though) So the infos you found keep us really heartened :) We really appreciate it.

I'm almost glad that Jim is still somewhat anonymous and flying under the radar with the press and paparazzi in Europe (more privacy for him).

Totally agree with you,Liz! I truly believe Jim is the future Oscar winner :) But until Jim will win his first Oscar(I'm sure it's not last) ),I really hope Jim's privacy is protested.And right now I'm sure Jim is enjoying CA shooting very much without any invasion of privacy.

>Hopefully there's a Jim spotting soon! After such a huge PR run for One Day, we're spoiled and truly miss seeing him on a daily basis!

I hope so!And I think you are so right,Liz.I miss Jim badly.But I'm sure when we will see CA's Jim's pictures,we will be really happy about it :) (I'm sure it's like we find the water in the desert ;) )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 am
Thank you very much for your kind words, ladies :) :) Unfortunately, today there´re no new news here...

momoko0516 wrote:

I'm almost glad that Jim is still somewhat anonymous and flying under the radar with the press and paparazzi in Europe (more privacy for him).

Totally agree with you,Liz! )

Mee too, and I hope that he doesn´t merley have to work, but rather can spend a bit qualitiy time in Berlin, too...IMO it´s a interesting place in the moment...Wish I could live there...

Offline Profile